Cassia and Adojoin

The upraising was all anyone was talking about it was on the tips of the peoples tongues. And both her father and her husband had set off with troops to various places with plans to stop it. It seemed it had fanned a fire and punishment for even speaking of such things or supporting were harsh. Cassia had her own issues with it and she would much rather be with her husband than at her estate but somehow due to her father she found herself being moved towards her father's estates. She was sure that her husband knew nothing of this because he knew  it would be the last thing she would want which suggested he was quite far away. She would deal with it later. Her father always thought he had to have his way. She sighed half debating jumping out of the carriage and walking home,

Deamiel Cavioux [2:48 PM]
There was no doubt that the uprising was on everyone's mind, but of course the government would do everything within their power to keep its news from spreading. How far have the news reached so far? Has rumors reached the very edge of the empire? Is it sparking rebellion in other places? Are they cracking down harder on any hint of disobedience? Adorjan can just imagine what those in control are thinking. How dare slaves raise up against them. They should be content with their lot. And they wanted to crush them and show the world that no one stands up against the empire and survive, but they will learn they won't crush them so easily. They might succeed in killing the rebels, but when everything is sad and done their cries for freedom will imbed itself so deeply into the soul of the remaining slaves that they will not be able to silence that and one day sooner than they might like someone will succeed in doing what Adorjan is trying to do. Now wasn't the time to concern oneself with what might be. They had no idea what the future might bring. They very well might succeed and live to tell the tale. Yet, winning a war is not an easy thing. They need supplies and it was that desire that brought them upon the road that day.

They hid within the bushes along the road, watching wait for someone to come by. If luck was on their side it would be one of the troops that had been sent to take care of them and they could take them by surprise and take their supplies. That didn't seem to be the case. It was a small caravan. From the look of it a wealthy one. There will be things within that they could make use of. He nodded his head towards his men, indicating they attack.

Cerenda Devore [2:58 PM]
Stupid slaves causing an uproar and it appeared they were started one on the road as the carriage came to a stop. Cassia frowned at the sounds as she slide out of the carriage. Well she hadn't wanted to go to her father's but she didn't want stupid rebels getting supplies either. Phooey. Not that this small force could stop them. She grabbed a sword from a fallen solider and swung it directly at a man coming towards her before moving towards the cover of the woods. It seemed best to take cover.

Deamiel Cavioux [3:12 PM]
Many probably shared Cassia's opinions. However, she--like others---will find that stopping them would be easier said than done. They weren't the first such caravan that Adorjan's people had encountered. They had to get supplies somehow and stealing it seemed to be the best method. They didn't have much money and the few items they did have they needed to fight. His men made quick work of the men guarding the caravan. The man that Cassia swung at barely leapt out of the way of the sword, but she didn't stay to see if the attack hit. She fled and a few men were right behind her, seizing her from behind. They knew her for what she was. Noble. One of the highest class. They could fetch a good amount of money selling her back to her family.

Cerenda Devore [3:18 PM]
The second she was grabbed she was swinging. "You insufferable pigs. Let me go before I cut off your heads the lot of you." She kicked her feet in the air and landed darting again before being caught. Punching one guy square in the eye before biting his ear she called out a string of profanities about a mile long. Betting that she was probably drawing the attention of half the empire by now.

Deamiel Cavioux [3:58 PM]
The men were amused by Cassia's behavior and they only became more so with each passing second. However, the last thought upon his mind was amusement. He knew that voice. Yet, until he saw her face he was not going to assume that the speaker was whom he thought it was. He moved closer to the speaker in an attempt to see her face and once he finally did he had all the confirmation that he needed along with a mixture of emotions. There were too many to put into thought, and for the moment he decided to push them aside.

Cerenda Devore [4:12 PM]
She continued to fight glaring at just about everyone till she caught sight of him. For a brief moment the shock was there though she knew not why he was the leader after all. A mix of emotions also crossed her mind upon seeing him. They were by all means enemies but fate had thrust them together in the oddest way and for one moment they had shared a bed and been allies in revenge for that act. Now she blinked at him her hand moving to her stomach on impulse. "Fancy meeting you here."

Deamiel Cavioux [4:30 PM]
It was not shocking to see that she felt an array of emotions the very moments she laid eyes upon him. It was true they were enemies. Surely, she was one of those voicing the loudest her disapproval over this rebellion. She believed so strongly within the empire and thought everyone should submit to its will. "I am probably the last face you wanted to see." He turned his eyes towards his men whom were studying the woman they hold and Adorjan interaction with her.

Cerenda Devore [4:42 PM]
It was true she was a proud child of the empire. She believed in it. The empire would spread across the globe and all would fall under it and that was the opposite of what he believed. Was he the last person she wanted to see? Well...maybe...unless in chains? Who was she kidding? He was the father of her unborn child a fact that could end her. Yet some nagging part of her had wanted to tell him she had been so upset when he rebelled because the choice had been taken from her. However, it was stupid the slave didn't need to know that the stupid mix up had caused a mess. "I don't know there are a few out there I like to see less." She looked around at those watching them. "Do we look entertaining to you?" She snapped her eyes moving back to Adorjan.

Deamiel Cavioux [4:56 PM]
He had noticed her hand move toward her stomach, and while the idea that she was with child had crossed his mind it never occurred to him that this child might be his. She probably wasn't the first woman whom ended up in this situation. There were probably ways to handle it. Get rid of the child somehow. Pass it off as her husband. No one would think twice if she said it was her husband. Of course, she was upset when he rebelled. A number of people shared her sentiment. "I'm surprised to hear that" He kept his eyes pinned upon her. A few of his men laughed at her outburst. Some even might have made a jab at her words. "More entertaining than the arena" one said.

Cerenda Devore [5:33 PM]
She snorted. "Well there has to be a few I mean annoying rebellious slaves are less bothersome than some political enemies because the later will be around longer." She said with a smile. No one would think twice if she said it was her husband. Her father would kick her ass for even considering the truth but some part of her she didn't know almost believed he would want  to know, Maybe she was a fool. Her father used to excuse her of being soft. As if to show the point one of the slaves from the caravan a young girl ran to her and clung to her legs crying. She looked down at the men laughing rolled her eyes at the comment before addressing the girl. "Don't worry about them. As rough as they seem they wouldn't hurt you."  Her eyes sweep back up to Adorjan. "You are after all one of them."

The girl about 12 looked around unsure as she spoke softly to Cassia. "You sure? You will keep me safe if not right? Like with.." Cassia put her fingers to the girl's mouth and nodded. "I'll kick all their butts." She said softly. "Now go on apparently I am entertaining."

Deamiel Cavioux [5:43 PM]
"You might be surprised on how bothersome a group of rebellious slaves can be." He was not at the least bit surprised by her words. It match his assessment of her. She believed the empire would crush them without breaking a sweat, but they haven't succeed yet. She must be vexed by that. Of course, the thought this meant they wouldn't succeed in doing what she had faith they were capable of doing. Surely, she believed it was only a matter of time before they were put into their place. They were slaves. They had no rights to dreams of a future without chains. They had no right to dream about returning home to the families they had been cruelly ripped from. They should be happy with the lot that the empire have given them. They should submit to the empire will without a second thought. He turned his eyes towards the young girl clinging to Cassia's leg, listening to their exchange without a single word. His men laughed at her words. Some even commented on ow they like to see her try to kick their butts

Cerenda Devore [5:50 PM]
"Yes, flies can be  quite the pest but in the end the always get splattered." She told him. It was the right of the empire to rule. They were the chosen of the Gods. Of course they could dream. It just wasn't very likely that those dreams would become real. She really didn't want the girl to say to much nor did she want her to be  to upset. Truth be told she might understand more about being in chains than she let on even if hers were of a different kind. She almost wanted to tell them to give her a sword and a find out how many butts she could kick. Now she was watching Adorjan again. "So, you going to kill me or stare at me all day?"

Deamiel Cavioux [6:01 PM]
"A fly can be more dangerous than you know" It was not the right of the empire to tell someone else how to live. Each person should decided that for themselves. It was not the right of the empire to tear loves one from each other for their sick amusement. Yet, she couldn't sympathize with that. She didn't know what it was like to watch a child cry as he was being ripped from his mother's arms. She thought the empire was some great thing that improved the world, but life was good before it came along. His world was happy. They didn't need the empire to tell them how to live. They knew how to live. Perhaps, it was not the empire way but it was a way that worked for them. She knew nothing of chains. If she did she would understand why they wished to be free of theirs. "I'll do with you as I see fit."

Deamiel Cavioux [6:09 PM]
http://ilarge.lisimg.com/image/4449631/1118full-darya-lebedeva.jpg
http://ilarge.lisimg.com/image/4449631/1118full-darya-lebedeva.jpg

Cerenda Devore [6:10 PM]
She shook her head at him. No one was free. Society told you how to live. It might have its faults but it was better than so many things. It was the answer. She knew more than he might think but she also knew that everyone had a role and they had to play it. She laughed softly. "Oh come on I am the last face you want to see. We both know this. If the guards had listened to me in the arena we might not even be here right now. Hell I tried to chase you across the mountains. Time and time again you and I end up face to face one of us really should end it."

Cerenda Devore [6:18 PM]
(I had her for someone once)

Deamiel Cavioux [6:36 PM]
It was not the answer. It might be her answer, but that did not make it his or everyone else for that matter. Sure, it might be a few but not all of them. It was true that society wasn't without its flaws, but the empire was not the only society. His home had been its own society. Truth be told, he imagine they were still fighting against her great empire. His people were not the type to submit to a will they didn't want to without a fight. He believed that if everyone had a role to play that it wouldn't be another man to decide it, but he didn't believe that. He didn't believe in the gods hers or the ones his people worshipped. He believed each person decided their own destiny and the idea of fate was nothing more than coincidence. "It will end just not now. You might be of use to us." He turned his eyes toward his men. "Check her caravan for other supplies we might need and don't kill anyone unless you have to." He didn't tell them to ask the slaves if they wished to join them. That went without saying, It is what they had done with every caravan they attacked.
(I thought she might have been. I mean she looked familiar)

Cerenda Devore [6:39 PM]
(wait I know where I know her from)
(Ryleigh's Ariel)

Deamiel Cavioux [6:40 PM]
(-Laughs- That is why she is familiar.)

Cerenda Devore [6:40 PM]
(It just hit me)

Deamiel Cavioux [6:45 PM]
(Don't you love when that happens.)

Cerenda Devore [6:48 PM]
She rolled her eyes at his words. She on the other hand had to wonder why the Gods kept throwing them at each other. It was kind of annoying even if he didn't believe in fate. Sometimes things happened too much to be just chance. "I doubt that." She said folding her arms over her chest as they went to search her caravan hey at least she didn't have to go to her father's estate. She opened her mouth like she was about to say something but shut it. "Forget it. Lead on, Captain."

Deamiel Cavioux [12:52 PM]
It did not matter how many times he crossed path with someone. He always believed it was just chance. Each of them decided to do whatever it was that allowed them to cross path. There were no cosmic force behind their decisions. There were no gods pulling their strings. Sure, sometimes a person might be pulled to a place but it was for a perfectly sensible reason. They could enjoy the atmosphere. Perhaps, they keep coming because they hope to encounter someone. It might be for a completely different reason, but there were no gods involved. "You are the daughter and wife of our strongest enemies if you aren't of any use than they aren't as big of a threat as your empire likes us to believe" He took notice of the almost spoken words. He could almost picture what she was going to say. He decided it wasn't important. It would probably only annoy her anyways. He mention for his men to move with a few new recruits they had acquired.

Cerenda Devore [1:15 PM]
She just laughed. "Yes give them both more reason to crush you. It would be better to just let me go than have them have a personal reason to end you." It was true that she knew so many things but she wasn't about to share any of them. She sighed. "Not that I think you will take it but if you asked me. I would tell you to take those you freed flee into the mountains and head to your homes wherever those might be. Stop this rebellion nonsense it won't end well. You did more than most could have dreamed. Go start a new life somewhere far away. Do not go up against my father. You have no idea how evil he can be. He won't just kill you. He will make those chains seem like a blessing." She said as she also began to move keeping her thoughts to herself as she whispered. "Because some men should never die broken."

Deamiel Cavioux [1:29 PM]
"You will see that I am not so easily crushed." There were ways to get information for someone, and even if she managed to keep her lips tightly sealed that didn't mean he still couldn't make use of her. "That isn't an option. As long as there is one person still in chained I cannot flee." He will help those whom wish to flee into the mountains to do so if that is their wish, but he would not do it himself. "I will not die broken. My life might be taken, but my spirit never will" The empire will see if they manage to catch him he will die much as he endeared his time as one of their slaves with defiance within his eyes.

Cerenda Devore [1:54 PM]
She shook her head softly. "You really are a pain even when I try to help you--you refuse." And in her own way she was trying to help you. "Stupid slave always so damn stubborn." She mumbled as she keep walking. "Makes me wonder what your kids were like."

Deamiel Cavioux [2:03 PM]
"Of course, I refuse. You are asking me to give up without a fight." If she knew him she would know how impossible that was. He was not the type of man to surrender his own convictions even if doing so would save his own life. "I am not a slave." He lead the way. "Your guess is as good as mine."

Cerenda Devore [2:07 PM]
He was such a pain. She rolled her eyes as she suddenly paused looking at him. "Why not? You have not had any? Or you did not get to raise them?" It could be either she wasn't going to assume one over the other. "Were you married before becoming a slave?"

Deamiel Cavioux [3:01 PM]
He did not say anything for a few moments. Those whom had captured him had told him to forget about his life. Whom he had been was no longer important. He was stripped of his previous identity. No one had asked him about that life. Even those whom had been in bondage with him never did. Sometimes he could see the questions within their eyes, but for one reason or another they never reached their lips. The fact Cassia was asking what his brothers of the sands could not had him questioning her motives. Surely, she wasn't thinking of him as something other than a slave. She often spoke how he should submit to the will of the empire. "My wife had just given birth when your empire came. The only glimpse of my child I had was the general ripping him..." he paused for a few moments. "or her from my wife's arms. I don't even know if I had a son or a daughter. Men are not allowed in the birthing chambers. It is considered bad luck." He did not know how such a thing worked here.

Cerenda Devore [3:14 PM]
She waited to see if he would answer her or not. One might say she had a reason but not one he might think. It had occurred to her when she had made the comment about his kids the answer had been strange his not knowing it had made her curious. "So, they could be alive? What did you want the child to be? Would they be very old now? I am an only child but my father always wanted a boy."

Deamiel Cavioux [3:35 PM]
She never know. It might be exactly for the reason he thought or close enough to it. "It is possible" He didn't see his child killed, but he had people tell him that they would have. Than again there were others whom contradicted that claim. "I didn't care. I only wished for the child to be healthy. Whatever the child might have been I have always pictured him taking after his mother more than me. No, that very." How long have he been in chains. It wasn't that long was it. "Two or three." He was hit suddenly with the thought if his child lived he would not have missed quite a bit of its life. "Isn't it common for the men of your society to want sons. Someone to carry on their name and legacy? My people believe that each of our children carry on our legacy. Inheritance is not determined by ones gender."

Cerenda Devore [3:42 PM]
"It would be like finding a needle in a haystack but still possible." She said softly looking at him. "Why? Don't want any beyond stubborn babies?" She said with a chuckle. She nodded. "Yes, it is. It was...I was too smart to be a girl." She replied with a half smile. "Like you I never did quite know my place. It is okay because the man I married was never really good at wanting people to fit into molds. If you weren't on opposite sides you would like each other."

Deamiel Cavioux [3:58 PM]
"Yes." He turned to look at her. "My wife was pretty stubborn. She married me after all even after everyone was telling her that it was a mistake." Truth be told, he imagined that his wife was the most stubborn out of them all. "Girls are only allowed to be a certain level of intelligence?" He found this perplexing. "We might have."

Cerenda Devore [5:34 PM]
She seemed to consider this. "To put up with you I bet. Either that or a saint." The sliest of smiles sliding across her face. "Girls are suppose to be pretty and obedient. We aren't suppose to have heads for things other than that. I was always too bright. I was good at things only men should..." She looked away for a moment. "It isn't important. I just wasn't a very good daughter. The General who took your family...do you know his name?"

Deamiel Cavioux [6:06 PM]
"She used to say something similar to that." He regarded her for a few moments. He found it strange that women were only regarded as beautiful trophies to be kept upon a shelf. It was one of the many differences between their societies. "You would have been encouraged to shine if you had been born among my people." Don't be mistake. Each gender had their duties, and there were certain task that only one gender performed. A woman would not be a warrior, but his people like to boost that their women were better fighters than the warriors of half the enemies they faced upon the field. Yet, they were free. Equal to men in the rights to themselves. No woman was the property of a man. She was free to choice her life. She could marry whom she wished. She could own property. Divorce if she wished. He had not forgotten that man name. He engraved it within his mind over and over again along with a vow that one day he would have vengeances. "Marcus Domitius Opis"

Cerenda Devore [6:22 PM]
"Sounds like she knew you. I would give her my condolences if she was around." She just laughed. "Till I tried to organize troops or something. As equal as you say your world is woman don't lead." She glanced at him for a moment at the name as she let out a sigh. Her eyes cast down for a moment before looking up again. "I'm sorry." She said before turning away.

Deamiel Cavioux [6:36 PM]
"She did. She would just laugh and say something along the lines that love doesn't need any condolences or that you should give your condolences to the gods because they need it more than she." It did not matter if they worshipped the same gods. His wife would have been curious about Cassia's gods. How did they differ than their own? How were they similar? Did Cassia believe in her gods as much as she did or was she such a stern non-believer like Adorjan was? "Women lead in my world. It might be true that you wouldn't be a general of an army, at least not officially. However, I know many men whom believed their wives, daughters or sisters were so good at tactics that they would bring them along to their camps and ask for the advice, which they often used, before a battle. However, they often lead in other ways besides war. They were community leaders. Chieftains if you will. A woman would often be the one to decide whether or not we should go to war with someone. If this decision was left to men the entire world would be burnt to ash." He gave a sort of half smile at these words. "You know him?"

Cerenda Devore [2:08 PM]
"Why do the Gods need it? Do you bother them too?" She said looking at him. She could almost see it. She doubted it was quite that free but she believed he might be. She just offered him a smile. There was a part of her that wanted to say I know everyone but that wasn't exactly true. Instead she just nodded. "I spent a summer with his wife and him when I was 16. Father thought I need the influence of a proper lady. My mother died when I was very young and my nannies were hard pressed to control me."

Deamiel Cavioux [2:20 PM]
"I don't believe in them. My wife did. When I did something that she said was to vex the gods she would offer them condolences. It was only said in jest." It was that free, but of course coming from this world it would be impossible for her to imagine. "How did that go?" He was not talking about how did her influence go he could see the evidence of that, but he wondered her opinions on her guests---especially the general.

Cerenda Devore [2:40 PM]
"I see. I bet the Gods love you." She said with a laugh. She glanced at him. "Not to well. She followed her husband no matter what he did as she should but I..." She paused considering. "I learned can't change one's fate. It might be noble what you are trying to do here but in the end it will fail. If your wife was taken there she is dead by now. Because that man is a monster."

Deamiel Cavioux [2:50 PM]
"My wife claimed the same thing. She said that I was chosen for a great destiny that I was put upon this world to bring about a great change." They were getting close to the camp. "But you?" Was that how she was going to finish it? "I believe we make our destiny and it won't end in failure. True, I might die but things will not return to the way it had been. The oppressed will no longer sit ideally by. Until I see my wife's body I will hold the belief she is alive." It was the thought of being reunited with her that kept him going when there was no hope.

Cerenda Devore [3:36 PM]
"Well they do seem to keep you breathing." She said softly looking up as they approached the camp. It was good because she really wanted to sit not that she was about to admit it. "Saw things I wished I hadn't." She bite her lower lip. "Body huh." Shaking her head as if trying to clear it. She stopped just before the camp letting others wander on ahead of them. Knowing he would not let her out of his sight before speaking. "Marcus is a sadist. He tortures his slaves until he dies but that isn't all. He has a perversion for the dead. I know you will go looking no matter what you have too. But either way it won't be pretty. I feel like you should know. So you can be prepared. He has known my father for years."

She just let the words set in as she watched people in the distance hug and cheer. Some wounds being treated people showing supplies, families reunited and newcomers being shown around. Before she spoke again her voice soft. "I am having your child. I don't expect you to do anything about it. You are probably going to die. The child will want for nothing. I am only telling you because I know how much family means to you. So...there you go." She turned and started to walk.

Deamiel Cavioux [3:50 PM]
He only smiled at her words. It had been a long journey. They all probably wished to sit down. He was curious what things she had saw that she wished she hadn't, but he said nothing he was not so cruel to make someone relive their horrors. He nodded his head. The excitement of those within the camp upon their arrival were clear. There were, however, a hint of sorrow as there were those standing around waiting to see if their loved one would be among the newly arrival and discovering they were not. "I am prepared and he will suffer as much as she when I find him." He was certain that she among many others will believe that was nothing more than an idle boosting. They doubted he had the power to make the man suffer, but he will find a way--even if he took his last breath. More so if half of what Cassia said was true and there was no reason to doubt her. He turned his eyes towards her, blown away by her words. He didn't know what to think. His thoughts dancing inside his mind in a jumbled mess "Everyone dies. I am just choosing to die for something I believe in instead of dying after living bound by another's chain."

Cerenda Devore [1:23 PM]
She just nodded letting people having their moments in the distance. She had figured he would say something like that. She knew he probably was blown away after all she had been when she realized it. "Do you want me to leave you alone?"

Deamiel Cavioux [1:47 PM]
His heart ached while watching the people have their moments. He was happy for them yet at the same time it reminded him just how much he missed his loved ones, Not that he had ever truly forgotten. He wouldn't say he was blown away. They had slept together. A child was possible from such an act. He just didn't expect her to carry it to term. He had heard of women getting rid of unwanted pregnancy and would have thought she would have. It spoke of her character. True, he didn't know the motivation behind why someone decided to keep a child or not, but he did believe that the decision told you of the person. "You must be tired. We'll set you up." He motions for one of his people to do just that. She might be a prisoner, but he had vowed he would never have anyone bond or caged if he could help it. She would have freedom to roam the camp. She would be closely watched and if she made an attempt to escape than she would be put into chains.

Cerenda Devore [1:54 PM]
She was pretty sure everyone here hated her. Okay mostly everyone a few of her own slaves did only because Gaius and her had never been cruel masters. She just looked up at him. "I will tell Gaius the truth if you are wondering. He won't care. It just isn't who he is." Her husband was hard to explain. She just nodded. "Maybe a bit." She said following after the person setting things up.

Deamiel Cavioux [2:14 PM]
Not everyone that weren't her slaves hated her. Some did. There were no denying that, but the others only wanted freedom. However, he would not allow those whom did hate her hurt her. She was here as his guest and he will punish anyone whom tramples upon that concept. "You and your husband are honest with each other." He will come to understand her husband in time. They were going to be enemies after all. "As I thought. You can move about the camp as you wish, but don't leave it. If you attempt to leave you will find yourself more restricted."

Cerenda Devore [2:37 PM]
She looked at him as she sat down. Some might think she would complain being a lady and used to much more but truth be told it didn't matter. "We are. Gaius is brilliant and fair. By all accounts a good person. We understand each other. If you hadn't rebelled he probably would have bought you or something offered you a place in our household guard so you could watch your kid grow up. If your wife and kid were alive he would have bought them too. It is just how he is."

Deamiel Cavioux [2:46 PM]
He wouldn't have hold it against her if she had complained. When you lived a certain life it was hard to get used to a different one. He knew that first hand. Her world was very different from his own. Truth be told, his nobles might seem peasant to her. It wasn't that he was saying they were poor. It was just they had no need of displaying their wealth in the same manner. "That would have been noble of him" Could he endear chains even with his wife at his side. He wasn't certain of that. He might wish to fight for their freedom harder. Yet, at the same time he wasn't certain if he could abandon his child with her here but he couldn't take the child away from its mother. He was not that type of man.

Deamiel Cavioux [3:01 PM]
(I totally forgot I made a tumblr account until I was deleting messages and I had an email that said I had one follower)

Cerenda Devore [3:02 PM]
She nodded. "Yes. He is a strange one." She told him with a chuckle. She didn't know. She half wondered if Gaius wouldn't still find a way to make it all work. And it would have hardly seemed liked being a slave he would have probably given them a small house on the grounds. She wondered if her child changed anything for him but she doubted it. She paused for a second as if thinking. "There is a story of a roman noble who umm...lives in these mountains. Stories goes she did away with her husband and built a fortress suppose to help mistreated slaves escape sometimes. No one I know ever found it might just be a story but sounds like it might be an ally for you."
(Ohh)
(what is there name)

Deamiel Cavioux [3:03 PM]
(Cheezbot. It is a bot that likes cheese and tumblr stuff.)
(It is a good bot)

Cerenda Devore [3:04 PM]
(...who the heck followed that)

Deamiel Cavioux [3:04 PM]
(I have no idea.)
(I haven't looked at its followers.)
(Now, I am like I need to do something with this. I might do like Ansley and others and do character representation collages or what not)

Deamiel Cavioux [3:12 PM]
He gave a half smile at her words. "He does sound very different from the other of your people I have encountered." Strange was not always bad. Sometimes strange pushed change. He might have. Whom knew. One cannot know what could have been when what is makes what could be impossible. He had rebelled. It was now impossible to know what might have happened if he had not do so. It did. Yet, at the same time it did not. He was not going to stop this folly as some would call it, but he did wish to be apart of his child's life. "We will check it out." Any allies was a welcomed one. Through, he didn't know why she was helping him in this manner. It made him wonder if it was some kinda plot to help her people win.

Cerenda Devore [3:18 PM]
(*rolls around*_

Deamiel Cavioux [3:21 PM]
(-Rolls after-  I am now following Ry Ry)

Cerenda Devore [3:28 PM]
(good job)

Deamiel Cavioux [1:41 PM]
(Ya)

Cerenda Devore [1:52 PM]
It was indeed hard to tell. Sometimes she didn't know what to think of Gaius. She stopped suddenly and mumbled. "Damn it. Stop being so personable. Why the heck am I helping you. Pain in the ass rebel." She said taking a swat at him from her sitting position. "You have been nothing but trouble. I don't really want my child's father to die but the empire is going to crush you and I am loyal to it. You...ugg." She folded her arms across her chest. "I hope your wife is alive maybe she can talk sense into you."

Deamiel Cavioux [2:08 PM]
"I don't know." Truthful he had been wondering the same thing. Was it because he was so personable? Did deep down she agreed with what he was doing? Or was she plotting ways to make sure he didn't succeed? He stayed where he was at, allowing her to swat him. "You should be loyal to your own convictions and not the convictions of others. I can't see why anyone would want to be loyal to a system that degrades and dehumanize people like your empire. How many children are not without a father because the empire decided to take their father away? Is it because you aren't the one suffering? Or do you look straight at them and say they deserve their fate? The slaves the deserve what happened to them because they dared stand against the empire?" He smiled at her words. "My wife could not talk any more sense into me than anyone else. I have always done what I thought was right no matter whom was against me."
Heads Taco Tails Pizza
Flip Coin
Flip a coin

slackbot [2:11 PM]
It's heads!

Cerenda Devore [3:23 PM]
She sighed as she looked at him. "The empire isn't just about slaves you know. You only see it through your chains. How many people end up without fathers because of warring tribes? How much art, music, and such are lost because people are to busy just surviving? How spread out are people? What could happen if we could find a way to share ideas. Make life easier for everyone. One world. I believe in the idea. I also believe that people corrupt the idea. I also know that there will always be a higher and lower class. However it is up to the higher class to protect the lower class to ensure they are not mistreated. You probably think me a fool. The empire stands for unity, progress, and beauty at least it is suppose to."

Deamiel Cavioux [3:41 PM]
"I see it more clearly because of my chains. You can tell a lot about a person---a society--by the way they treat the lowest among them. The world is not perfect. I do not claim that my society or any of the other societies that exist or had ever existed is not without flaws. I am only saying that we should be free to choose how to live our lives and not be chained to another's idea." He took a step towards her. "Look at your empire. Truly look at it. And tell me if it still stands for unity, progress an beauty? Look at it and tell me do your higher class still ensure the lower are not mistreated?"

Cerenda Devore [3:55 PM]
"Like I said you have only seen the bad, one can not judge a view with their eyes half closed." She told him. "I have seen my empire from the Marcus's to the Gaius's. Have you? I have seen the worst to the best. Many do mistreat the lower, many do not. I am sure it is true in every society. I have been a protector. I have been...it doesn't matter. I believe in the idea we just might need new leadership to achieve it."

Deamiel Cavioux [4:09 PM]
"I am not the one viewing your empire with eyes half closed." He spit out the word empire like it was something foul. "I see more than you. I was a slave after all. It is a position that had rendered me invisible more times than you can imagine. You can tell more about a person when they don't think anyone is watching than you can when they are the center of attention. Your society doesn't just mistreat the lower class they glorify the mistreatment. Have you?" He snorted at those words making his opinion on that matter. "Your society no longer believes in that idea and you are a fool if you don't see it."

Cerenda Devore [4:24 PM]
"I am so glad to know you went everywhere and talked to everyone from your training ground." She spat back. The very fact that he was a gladiator limited him. He was hardly invisible and they just didn't let slave go anywhere. She could have shown him all sorts of wonderful things if he hadn't rebelled. "Some do but not all. Or do you think so little of me." She said folding her arms across her chest. "I see because some people do bad you throw it all away. You give up. Toss it in the trash. Why bother trying to fix it. It clearly has no use." She seemed upset as she stood up. "Maybe if you just hit it enough times you can make it behave. Just wave your army at the empire. Bad Empire we will just stab you dead and now you will...ugg. I hate men they always want to smack at problems." She said as she stomped off walking towards the woods. "Men are pains and he is the biggest and I hate crying!" she yelled at the trees as she kept moving. (edited)

Deamiel Cavioux [5:45 PM]
"Just as you have been everywhere and talked to everyone within your empire. Don't sit here and tell me I have no right to judge because I have not seen it all when neither have you." He had been invisible more times than she was willing to admit. The parties that his dominus hosted emphasized just that. These parties had gladiators standing around to be both admired and overlooked. People talked around them as if they weren't there. Of course, he didn't expect her to understand this. She didn't know what it was like to be treated as less than nothing. She didn't know what it was like to have everything---including your dignity stripped from you. "Not some most. It is not some people doing bad. It is your entire society. It is rotten. There is no fixing it" She was only upset because he was speaking the truth---her empire was filth. It was everything that was bad within this world. "I do not fight because I wish it to make it behave. I am not your empire. I do not desire to beat others into submission. I fight for those incapable of fighting for themselves. I fight for the oppressed. I fight for everyone to have the right to choose how they live their lives. I fight to ensure that every dies free and not bond by shackles and chains." He stopped speaking because he fought for an idea that she would never understand. She couldn't understand it. "Stop right there. You do not have leave to go that far." He motion for his men to grab her and bring her back if she did not heed his warning.

Cerenda Devore [6:11 PM]
Oh she knew a great deal more than he thought. All he saw was  a lady of the Empire that he clearly hated. "I've been more places than you." She told him. "Her eyes still blazing. She was upset for a whole host of reasons most which she wasn't about to talk about. The truth was the whole world had problems. Was he going to fight it all. Battle for the oppressed everywhere? she doubted it. Just the empire because it was personal. "Of course not. Though we are hardly the only kingdom with slaves. Yet we are the only one you speak against. We aren't even the only that degrades groups of people. Perfect no but who is perfect. You have to take something an idea and try to bring it towards it." She snorted. "Don't have leave. I thought everyone had the right to be free." She spat back at him. "Wait that only applies to ex slaves who know the meaning of being degraded. And your right I don't know the pain of being torn from my family. I can't relate because as a child I actually would have prayed for that because it was better than." She stopped talking and grumbled darting past two men and under a nearby tree into the trunk. "I will be in here if you want me!"

Deamiel Cavioux [6:58 PM]
She knew the lies that her precious empire fed her. She was exactly what he believed her to be. For a moment he thought he might have been wrong but it was no becoming clear that he was mistaken. He had not misread her. She was exactly what he thought when he first laid eyes upon her---a spoiled brat incapable of anything resembling compassion. "You are the only one I know. Before your people came over the mountains we knew nothing of slavery. It was a foreign concept to us." Did other societies have slaves perhaps, but they had never encountered them, at least he never had, or if they had it had never clicked inside their mind that was what they were. He fight to free everyone from the bonds of slavery not just those held in shackles by the empire. She was a fool if she believed otherwise. The empire was just the enemy standing in his way. He cannot fight tomorrows battle before he fought todays. "Your empire is more than imperfect. It is a representation of everything wrong with humanity. You claim that it stands for unity, progress and beauty but how can it truly stand for these things when your empire has been built upon the blood and sweat of those it has crushed underneath its heels?"

He took a step towards the trees she had fled into. "Tell me where is the glory and honor in building an empire upon the bones of children? Tell me where is the beauty in a world where everything different is destroyed? Tell me where is the progress when someone whom doesn't submit to your already established train of thought is enslaved? The world I envision is not perfect. Believe me I know such a perfect world cannot truly exist, but I do know that your empire is the farthest thing from that vision. I told you that you were my prisoner and I told you that you could roam the camp as you saw fit, but you couldn't leave it. The world I envision is not yet a reality and I cannot risk it being unraveled by enemies" He snorted at her words. She was trying to make him feel sorry for her. It wasn't going to work. She knew nothing of suffering. (edited)

Cerenda Devore [7:01 PM]
(*wiggles*)

Deamiel Cavioux [7:01 PM]
(Wiggles with)

Cerenda Devore [7:03 PM]
(Power to the Empire!)

Deamiel Cavioux [7:03 PM]
(Down to the empire)

Cerenda Devore [7:03 PM]
(I feel for the poor empire he is so mean)

Deamiel Cavioux [7:04 PM]
(You should feel bad for those the empire was mean to)

Cerenda Devore [7:04 PM]
(And damnit I like Rome)

Deamiel Cavioux [7:04 PM]
(Boo Rome)

Cerenda Devore [7:37 PM]
She laughed. "Have you ever traveled outside your village. The world might just shock you. You gonna fight injustice everywhere?" She half believed he would try. "You need an empire behind you in order to even begin." She said with a sigh. It was just that way you found the less evil used it to unite everything than moved slowly gutting from the inside. In the meantime you encouraged the growth you wanted you watered the flowers and pulled the weeds you didn't wreck the garden. "People here are no different than anywhere else there are good and bad. Your people are still...they haven't been tried with power yet." She hoped that made sense.

She glared at him from her hiding spot inside the tree. "The widow who lost her husband to war. The child whose mother was murdered by a warrior from tribes like your own when they sweep a village. A dozens scalps from a raiding war party. Kids fleeing the onslaught of arrows. Crimes I have also seen by those not of my own people. Woman scarred for refusing a man. Men disemboweled by tribes for no reason other than tone of skin. Gauntlets ran by young boys for scraps of foods with dogs chasing them. All performed by tribes and not my empire. Do not act like we have the monopoly on cruelty."

She sighed pulling her legs up to her chest. Before deciding to climb out to glare at him. "I am going home." It might be the hormones but her emotions were all over the board. "You have your father come into your bed chamber and do as he wishes. Or beat you or confuse your head or so many other things and than tell me I don't know a thing about degradation. Sit there on that pillar of self righteousness thinking I am just some spoiled girl who knows nothing. Go back to your men and just do whatever cause I am going home and you can't stop me." She spun around. Now she was crying which meant exit stage whatever direction would not run her into a tree or a rebel.

Deamiel Cavioux [8:53 PM]
"I have when the need warranted it." Through, he would have been very content to remain within his village. He was a warrior. Some said the greatest warrior of his people. He knew how unstable the world was, and he was more than happy to leave his paradise to ensure that his people did not get pulled into the abyss. "I fight for the freedom and equality of all. No, I only need my convictions behind me and the trust that others share these convictions. Empires can be built as easily as they are destroyed." Her empire needed to be gutted completed. It was a garden that had been overran by weeds that there was no saving the flowers. Of course, she wouldn't admit this. She was too blind to see the truth of her society. That there was nothing to save. "You mean that my people have not been corrupted by power." He returned her glare with one of his own. "I am not acting like your empire have a monopoly upon cruelty. I know better than you just how cruel those not apart of the empire can be, but as far as the level of cruelty none even compare to  your empire."

Another step was taking towards her as she stepped out from her hiding  place. "You know nothing of degradation because if you did you wouldn't support the degradation of others. But you do. You stand there and watch as others are treated far worse than you ever been and you glorify it. No, you do more than glorify it you justify it. You say that it is what they deserve because they dare stand against your precious empire. I sit here and judge you based on what I have seen. You are more than some spoiled girl whom knows nothing you are everything about the empire that I have come to despise and I will stop you even if it means I have to kill you because I rather see my child dead than turned into a monster like its mother." The forest was filled with rebels. He did need to worry about her not running into one because no matter direction she took she would find herself face to face with one. It didn't take her long to be surrounded. And there were more within the trees pointing bows at her, ready to strike at any moment. He moved towards her. "Thank you. You have made my decision on what to do with you clear."

Cerenda Devore [9:11 PM]
She was wrong. She had thought he was reasonable even kind. But he was a man too moved by his hate to see anything but it. "No your people have never been tested by power. Believe me if they are many will go the same way as mine. Watch your own men now and mark my words when they march on their foes it won't be justice they seek. They will turn to games of pleasure and want. It will divide your forces like poison." She shook her head. "You are so. You refuse to think we might be good. That there might be merit in the values we were trying to create. we wanted one world under one leader to end all the pointless battles."

She moved from him as he spoke. "Now who is the monster. Me? Or the man who would slay his own child simply because his mother doesn't agree with him. Congratulations for being like almost every other man I know and using that which I hold dear against me. Does it make you feel strong?" She said. "I have done nothing but try to help you even when I shouldn't. And for one moment I almost believed you when you said you valued what I had to say. Apparently that only is true if it agrees with you. So, you better be prepared to have them shoot me. Because I am taking my child and going home."

Deamiel Cavioux [10:16 PM]
It was not hate that moved him, but the truth. He turned his eyes towards those surrendering them. He was not a fool. He knew that there were those among him that had joined his cause for the sake of vengeances other than justice, but they were not the people he spoke of. He had been speaking of the people he had been torn from. He could see it in some of their eyes now. There were a few of them surrounding her now that wanted more than to inflict the same horrors upon her as had been upon them. "It will divide my forces no more than your empire had been divided by its own poison. As I said before the perfect world does not exist. There will always be those seeking to hurt others for their own pleasure. The only thing I can do is try my best to ensure that none are tormented for the sick glorification of others. I don't care whom they are--friend or foe---if anyone does something I see as unjust I will be the first to act against it because unlike you I will not stand by and watch another be degraded. It doesn't matter to me if that person is one of my own or one of my enemies." Another step was taken towards her. "You are such a blind fool that you cannot see that you the empire you love no longer holds fast to the merits and values that you claim your empire represent. Perhaps, once upon a time they had truly represented these values but this is no longer true."

He continued to move towards her. "This nothing to do with you agreeing with me. I am not attempting something dear against you to make your submit. I simply know how my child will turn if he or she is raised by the empire. I rather see my child dead than into..." He gestured towards her. "someone whom believes the degradation of others should be praised and admired. Valuing what you say doesn't mean agreeing with it." He nodded his head towards his men. They drew their bow back, preparing to release the arrows they hold at any moment. "I am prepared."

Cerenda Devore [10:39 PM]
"And you want to tear something down because of some bad apples. Do you think we have done nothing? Because we don't charge in with a sword crying out for blood. I work within the system to change the laws. I take the parts of my society that are good and I help them grow. I take the parts that are bad and I try to change them. Just forget it." She looked at him. "Don't come near me."  She shook her head slightly as she watched him.

"Maybe I don't save hundreds of slaves in a day or whatever by buying this one of helping that or bribing a law here or there. And maybe my change takes time but it last a hell of a lot longer once done than a bunch of men marching to death against an army like the Empire. But I am so sorry I forgot to swing a sword and die because death that helps so many. You want to help your people be a leader not a martyr." She looked around and moved grabbing a dagger from a nearby person and walking towards him. "If you are going to do it do it yourself." She said standing close to him putting the weapon in his hand and holding it to her neck. "End the monster."
(*wiggles all dramatic like*)

Deamiel Cavioux [10:43 PM]
(-Wiggles with-)

Deamiel Cavioux [11:50 PM]
"One bad apple rots the entire barrel. There is nothing about your empire worth saving. The only thing left to do is to burn it before it corrupts the rest of the world.  I think if you truly stood against the horrors of your society and wished for it to change that you would be with me us now instead of against us." He continued towards her ignoring her words about not coming hear her. "But, you don't because no matter what you claim you don't see what the wrong of your empire. You expected us to accept our fate or have you forgotten that you had told me just that? If following my convictions makes me into a martyr so be it. I rather die for what I believe than live for something I do not." It would be so easy to slit her throat. She would be a fool if she thought he wouldn't do it. He pressed the knife against her neck---close enough to draw blood. "The question isn't whether or not I can end you" there were a few cheers for some of those surrendering them to do just that. He ignored them, keeping his focus upon her. "but whether or not you will force my hand. You claim to love that child growing within you but you are willing to throw its life away for what? A society that no longer represents the values you admire so much? Look around." Gathering around them were more those whom had been freed---many of them children. "Look at them. I fight for them. Those incapable of fighting for themselves. I fight so they can live in a world where everyone is free and equal. I am willing to give my life for this dream. The question is are you? What are you willing to sacrifice so another man is not tortured for the pure amusement of some noble? What are you will to give to ensure that another child doesn't have to watch his parents torn to pieces by the dogs of an invading tribe? If you walk away the answer will be nothing." (edited)

Cerenda Devore [2:29 PM]
"And all you have to do is remove that apple to save the barrel. You are being blinded by seeing the worst." He really was too stubborn to listen to her. She sighed. "I don't want you to die a pointless death you pain in the ass." She knew he would he held no love for her. She was just a lady of the empire after all. "I wish you had seen the good. And I don't mean the parties. I mean the debates of learned men talking philosophies on the steps of the senate. The street artists painting those who pass by. The colors, the lights, various people sharing ideas, art, music. People coming from all over to sell wares from far off places and share stories. Children playing in the streets with friends they just met. No one caring about past crimes the present was all that mattered and a look to a new future. Hope."

She sighed. "Till some took that power and twisted it but it is still there. And a small army marching against the Empire won't bring it back. It will just get you killed and for a few freedom. It isn't a solution. It needs a voice. Not a sword that will be crushed and fade. It needs a new emperor and new laws and a new beacon. That is what I had been fighting for lasting change. Influence to put someone new there. It isn't your stab and big bam way. But sure I would die for it but dying only changing a little now. I don't expect you to get it. You want a ransom I'll pay it myself. I doubt I can help you. So, unless you got a better reason for me to stay."
(*flails*)

Deamiel Cavioux [2:29 PM]
(-Grins-)

Cerenda Devore [2:30 PM]
(*eyes* She says she will make Gaius emperor!)

Deamiel Cavioux [2:30 PM]
(-Laughs-)

Cerenda Devore [2:32 PM]
(Gaius would be flailing around.)

Deamiel Cavioux [2:32 PM]
(Probably)

Deamiel Cavioux [3:00 PM]
"It is a little too late for that. The apple had already rotten the barrel. I see it for what it is." He did listen to her. He just didn't agree with her. "Dying for what you believe is not pointless" She had given him no reason to love her. Perhaps, it was because she was just a lady of the empire, but most of all it was because she was a stranger. "I have seen the good. I have seen things that had made more heart swore, but the good does not outweigh the bad. There isn't enough good here worth saving the empire for. You understand nothing if you believe all I am trying to do is march a small army against the empire. Armies can grow. Give it time. This army of hundreds will become one of thousands. Our cries to end our oppression is echoing throughout the empire. It will cause others to rise up and join us. The empire might crush this army tomorrow, but they cannot crush us. They cannot crush our ideal. People may die but ideas never will. We have shown the world that you should not just accept your fate. We have shown the world that it is up to you to change your own destiny and it is only through your hands that a brighter future might be achieve. Sure we might die before that future is achieved, but isn't  giving others hope a cause worth dying for?"

He kept the knife against her throat. "Time for subtlety have ended. We have waited years for the change you claim you are trying to bring to come forth only for things to get worse. Should we sit idly by and watch our loved ones be tortured and killed for the empires amusement for a future we see no hope for coming? Sometimes the only way get the change you want is to scream so loud that no one can ignore you. But, you don't want change. You want us to go back to the way things were and accept the fate that the empire had decided for us. You only speak of working from the inside because you think that will make us more compliant. You never had any desire to help us and you never will. We are nothing more than worthless slave to you. I am nothing more than a worthless slave to you."

Cerenda Devore [3:41 PM]
"It is pointless if you die and all is washed away in seconds. You think you are the first slave rebellion?" She sighed. Maybe they would grow but would it be enough. An idea was fragile it could be easily ended if people stopped wanting it or stopping fighting for it. She had seen it before. His head was high in the clouds. "Hope is a delicate thing. One way you can fan it another you can crush it. Your army can grow. It can fan an idea and it can bring about change or it can be crushed and used an an example for any who would dare challenge the empire."

She just looked at the knife not saying a word. "And you only want my help on your terms." She told him. "Scream all you want. Screaming isn't my way. I helped you. I told you what I knew about possible allies and about the man who took your wife. Yay I always let worthless slaves piss me off. Dumbass." She muttered.

Deamiel Cavioux [4:11 PM]
"Do what you think is right is never pointless. It will not be washed away---not completely. People will remember. It will be whispered within the shadows and even if we do not end the horrors of slavery ourselves it will be the spark that will finally end it." This was an idea that people will never stop wanting. The ideas she had seen people stop fighting for are not one that spoke of the human spirit. There are some ideas that will never die and the desire to be free was one of them. The empire with all its might could never crush that. 'That's the thing you don't want to help us. You just want us to accept our fate by telling us that it is pointless to stand against the empire. That we are throwing are lives around for nothing. No, we are throwing are lives for something that you can never understand, You claim you understand degradation but you don't. You can't possibly understand the horrors we had been through. I don't know why you gave me that information but it wasn't to help us. You can't control whom does or whom doesn't make you mad. Besides, the fact that a worthless slave dare speak to you like an equal probably has your blood boiling. After all, the fact I refuse to consent to your will is what provoked your desire to flee. You have made your true color clear. You are an enemy and I will not allow myself to be fooled otherwise again. "

He turned to one of his men. "Take her back to the camp and chain her up. She is more use to us alive than dead." The man he spoke to moved forward to do just as he commanded.

Cerenda Devore [1:15 PM]
"I said I don't want you to die. I don't want the Empire to be destroyed. I said just taking a band of slaves would not get you want you want. I didn't say don't stand against it. I...oh...if I thought of you that way I wouldn't have listened to you to begin with. I want to create the Empire that should be using the one that is and yes damnit armies are needed. But you made me mad because fucktard your opinion freaking matters but you treat me like some dumb girl screw you. I am going back to my tree," She glared darting past his men to ran back to the tree. (edited)

Deamiel Cavioux [1:37 PM]
"You said that we do not stand a chance against the Empire. Your words have always been such, but I have never stood before the great and mighty and trembled. I have never stared into the eyes of the impossible and turned tail. We very well might all die, but you do not know what a few good men filled with a determination of the likes you have never seen before can do. Besides, for many of us it is not about winning. It is about living and dying for what you believe in. The Empire needs to be destroyed it is only through its ashes that the Empire you dream of can be built. This one is too corrupt." He snorted at her words. His men eyed him as she darted back to the tree, but he shook his head. "I have never treated you like some dumb girl. I have listen to your opinions, but I do not agree with them. Nor have I told you to be silent. Yes, I might have told you that you know nothing in the regard of what we have been through as slaves, but that is not because of your gender. It is because you as a child of the Empire cannot possibly understand such things and by your own words you have proved such opinions"

Cerenda Devore [1:48 PM]
"As you are you don't. You need the Empire to defeat the Empire and yes I know that doesn't make sense. It might if you understood the politics of it. Why just live or die when you can win?" She had always been quick on her feet. Had so. She thought but he was being difficult and couldn't see how he had. "You know nothing about me." She said still in the tree trunk. She really liked small spaces when upset.  "So, chain me to the tree because I am staying here."

Cerenda Devore [1:56 PM]
flip a coin

slackbot [1:56 PM]
It's tails!

Cerenda Devore [1:57 PM]
flip a coin

slackbot [1:57 PM]
It's tails!

Cerenda Devore [1:57 PM]
(D'aw)

Deamiel Cavioux [1:57 PM]
(-Raises a brow-)

Cerenda Devore [1:57 PM]
(Hi)

Deamiel Cavioux [1:58 PM]
(Hi)

Cerenda Devore [1:58 PM]
(I was flipping to see if his wife and kid should be alive. >.>)

Deamiel Cavioux [1:58 PM]
(-laughs-)

Cerenda Devore [1:58 PM]
(poor boy)

Deamiel Cavioux [1:59 PM]
(They are dead?)
(He says he refuses to accept that)

Cerenda Devore [1:59 PM]
(I just did the standards heads yes)

Deamiel Cavioux [1:59 PM]
(-Laughs-)

Cerenda Devore [2:00 PM]
(Cass saus it is because he hates her and wants his old love)

Deamiel Cavioux [2:00 PM]
(-Snorts-)
(That is his literal response)

Cerenda Devore [2:00 PM]
(see)

Deamiel Cavioux [2:00 PM]
(That proves nothing.)

Cerenda Devore [2:01 PM]
)Uh huh)

Deamiel Cavioux [2:01 PM]
(Nope)

Cerenda Devore [2:01 PM]
(It makes me feel bad)
(Like I go oh no poor dead people)

Deamiel Cavioux [2:02 PM]
(He says they ain't dead until he sees them dead.)

Cerenda Devore [2:02 PM]
(*waves them at him*)

Deamiel Cavioux [2:02 PM]
(-Doesn't see them-)

Cerenda Devore [2:03 PM]
(Is not grave digging)

Deamiel Cavioux [2:03 PM]
(Than they will remain forever alive.)

Cerenda Devore [2:03 PM]
(Pfft)
(I was should they be alive)
(drama there)
(should they be dead and bured)
(should he find them just a little too late)

Deamiel Cavioux [2:04 PM]
(-Laughs-)

Cerenda Devore [2:05 PM]
(*flails*)

Deamiel Cavioux [2:06 PM]
(-Grins-)

Cerenda Devore [2:11 PM]
(even thought about having his wife have lost her memories. muwhaha)

Deamiel Cavioux [2:28 PM]
"You don't know that for certain. You believe it. You believe that nothing can crumble your precious Empire--especially not something as small as we, but I have seen the most might of men knocked down by the smallest of things. There is no way of knowing what the future might hold until you greet it. More than that if had spent any time in our camp you will realize that we have not met the bulk of your armies head on. We attack small caravans. Villas with light defenses. We are gathering our supplies. Our men. Armies take time to build. They need to be trained. But, even if we do not gain the might of the empire that does not mean our defeat is sealed. Victory is not won by one battle nor is it always won by throwing the might of your forces at the might of the entire forces of your enemies. It is about knowing when and where to strike. Sometimes a thousand small cuts does more damage than one giant one." His men moved closer to the tree, prepared to drag her out kicking and screaming at a moment notice. "I don't need your empire to win. The world will be fine---no better---without it. The only people whom will grieve it passing the most is those of high status such as yourself. You do not wish to see the empire gone because in spite what you claim you don't cling fast to what you say the empire once stood for anymore than it did. It is all about the power and might you have achieved. We already won." He let out a small snort. "I know more than you think, If what I have come to believe is wrong it is up to you to help me paint a new picture, but so far everything you have said and done only reinforces my beliefs."
(Ah.)

Cerenda Devore [2:48 PM]
"You are not the first slave uprising. Not the only with plans just like yours. Big dreams, gathering forces, crushed time and time again." She said with a sigh. "I can't show you the good you rebelled. I can't take you anywhere now." They couldn't get her out of there if they tried. "I love my country is that wrong? Do you not love yours? I won't say I don't want power because I do so I can keep those I care about safe. Do I care about the slaves? Sure. I care they are mistreated and I would create laws where they aren't or even freed or paid or other things. What I care about is those I love. And you as the father of my child are on that list. And if your whole army has to burn to keep you safe I don't care. And yes I know I am a monster and horrid. If I have to chain you up and make you hate me so be it. At least you will be breathing and I know bad Cass bad but you don't get it. You don't know. My father he will destroy you. He will...and it won't just be you...it will be everything you love, everything you care for or believe in. It will...he won't stop till you are an empty shell. You don't know." She wiped the tears out of her eyes peering out at him. "You don't know."
(can you tell her boogey man)

Deamiel Cavioux [2:51 PM]
(Yep.)

Deamiel Cavioux [3:06 PM]
"Perhaps not but just because they failed doesn't mean that we will. I refuse to measure the chance of success on the past or even a philosophy." Another snort left his lips. "I told you I have seen the good." They could if they wished. "And your country wants to destroy mine as it did countless other lands. It is a plague that is sweeping across the land and bringing ruin to everything it touches. There will be no beauty when it is gone. There will only be the same ugly gray ball of cruelty and degradation. Is that the world you really want? Is that the empire you wish to hold fast to? One of nothing beside despair and horrors? If what you say about the vision your empire is suppose to represent than it isn't your country you love but an idea and you don't need the empire for that idea to continue on. More than that the country you love doesn't yet exist, but it can. Your father might kill me but he will never destroy me. I will not be broken if you loved me half as much as you claimed than you would believe in me." (edited)

Cerenda Devore [1:15 PM]
She frowned at him. "What good have you seen if I might ask? I mean gladiators don't get to go past training and the sands. So, what is the good that you have seen?" She was curious if it was the same as her. The same wonders that she had seen or something different. "No. I mean...it wasn't suppose to be like that. It was suppose to be on nation of many cultures. Men of reason coming together putting aside difference to accept each other." She said with a sigh. "It is there it just needs a bit og glue. Broken things can be fixed." She said softly as if it was important that this was true. "He ruins almost everything I care about. He would ruin Gaius but he is at least a worthy general."

Deamiel Cavioux [1:31 PM]
"Not all gladiators are kept to the sands. We gain other responsibilities. Sometimes were are ordered to accompany our Dominus to various locations and act like their personal body guards if they travel some place dangerous. If we are particularly good we are allowed to run errands for our Dominus unaccompanied. Many of the goods I saw happened within the streets and even if I had been kept to the sands I would have seen good within my Dominus house during the many parties he host." He knelt down beside the tree. "Yet, it is. Within the empire there is no culture besides the empire. There is no acceptance of difference. Anything different and not a reflection of the empire is crushed. Many of my brothers are from societies that are not of the empire. Cultures that the empire seek to absorb and never once have I heard stories of the empire seeking to understand their ways. They just declare them wrong and in need of being crushed." He shakes his head. "There is not left to fix." Truth be told, he didn't seek to destroy the empire. He only wished to end slavery but if destroying the empire was the only way to do it than he would do it. "I will learn that he is not as mighty as he thinks."

Cerenda Devore [2:10 PM]
"And here I thought I was the best the empire had to offer." She said with a giggle clearly not serious. However when he knelt down she peered up blue eyes staring him from a mass of blonde hair covering her face as she wiped tears from her face with hands now stained with dirt from having crawled in there. Actually she kind of looked like a dirty wild child and a far cry from the lady that she happened to be. "I made my own arena once. I was 12. It didn't go so well." She said with a sigh.

Deamiel Cavioux [2:15 PM]
He responded to her words with a slight smile. Truth be told, he didn't put much stalk into her appearance. None of those here look their best. This was not the type of place to foster nobility or what the empire might consider proper ladies. "What happened?"

Cerenda Devore [2:26 PM]
She shook her head at him. "It was dumb. I was a kid. I brought three gladiators and everything. I was so proud. But I hated people dying. So, no death I mean it might accidentally happen but it wasn't the goal and they could earn coin. So people came to bet or compete to make money. It actually kind of caught on. I hosted a big battle. We were still small so you know we didn't have your caliber in my little ring. My father sent them in secretly with orders to kill. All those fighters that had come for sport and a bit of fun. They are died. It doesn't matter. I was just a stupid kid."

Deamiel Cavioux [2:36 PM]
"You weren't a stupid kid." How many children had her same dream? They saw these gladiators and the houses that owned them and thought they were glorious. It made her typical child. It didn't matter where someone came from they all dreamt of their future when they were a child. "Why would your father do you such a thing? Was he trying to teach you a lesson? Didn't like the fact you found something you loved?"

Cerenda Devore [2:40 PM]
"I was." She said. Of course most kids didn't have the means or the will to pull it off. "I also used to try and pay slaves with candy." She said looking a bit ashamed as if she had done something silly. "I don't know. A lesson more than likely about how arena should be. I never really understand why he does half of what he does."

Deamiel Cavioux [2:45 PM]
"You weren't. Children aren't stupid." No, they didn't, at least not officially. However, he imagined that many children played games of pretend where they gathered a few friends and pretended they were gladiators or dominus of an arena. There were a few gladiators whom were citizens of the empire whom had such dreams. "At least you tried to pay them. That is more than many owners can say." He nodded his head. "That sounds likely."

Cerenda Devore [2:55 PM]
"I figured everyone liked candy. I was six when I did that one." she said letting her eyes glance down before looking back up. It didn't really matter. "The point my father likes ruining things I care about." She said with a sigh. "It would be in your best interest to send me home."

Deamiel Cavioux [3:05 PM]
"They might or they might like the gesture behind the offer more. I never actually had candy until I came here." This was true. His people didn't have candy, at least not in the way she might consider it. "He won't ruin me. He might kill my body, but I promise you that he won't kill my spirit." He shook his head. "I don't agree. You are staying here for the time being."

Cerenda Devore [3:30 PM]
"Really? Never?" She said staring at him. "You are just saying that because you think you can somehow use me against him or to further your cause or for ransom or something. And maybe you can but still a dangerous game."

Deamiel Cavioux [3:37 PM]
"Nope. Well, not in the way you might consider it. My rebellion is dangerous period." He told her. "Yet, that did not deter me." (edited)

Cerenda Devore [3:40 PM]
She just nodded. "Right anything for the cause." she said pulling her legs up to her chest and resting her head there.

Deamiel Cavioux [3:42 PM]
"No, not anything for the cause. It is just sometimes what you are fighting for is worth the risk." He didn't expect her to understand this. She never found anything worth dying for.

Cerenda Devore [3:50 PM]
She just stared for a moment before blinking really wishing Gaius was here. Instead she just sort of crawled out. "Right. Time to go. Chain me up." She had gone from talking to quiet as she waited patiently.

Deamiel Cavioux [3:54 PM]
What difference would Gaius being here make? Could he rescue her? Perhaps? Could he somehow talk him out of taking this path? Unlikely. "I'll only chain you up if you make any attempt to flee."

Cerenda Devore [4:00 PM]
He was her friend who didn't want their friends around when they needed someone who understood them. She looked at him. "I will go as far as my tree." She said looking at it. "Do as you wish."

Deamiel Cavioux [4:08 PM]
'Very well. If you stepped one foot behind that tree you will be chained." Honestly what did she expect that her sudden revolution to him would change everything between them? Or the fact she was carrying his child made her no longer the enemy? He told her before she had done nothing to show that she wasn't the enemy. And he never once said he was going to ransom her. She just assumed that. He never actually stated what his intentions with her were nor did he made any attempt to tell her that her assumptions were wrong. It didn't matter to him what she thought. If she believed that his interest were only for what she could give him and his cause than so be it. That only disproved her claim of loving him. After all if she believed that he was that type of man than she didn't know him and you can't truly care for someone you don't know. He said nothing to her last words just moved away from her to return to his other duties.

Cerenda Devore [4:17 PM]
"Fine." She said eyeing a step beyond the tree with the most devilish of looks. She knew his intentions he said she would be of use. People didn't take the daughters or wives of generals because they were good company. And besides she had been sharing and he wasn't sharing anything back about his childhood. She was trying to be friendly and even told him she loved him as a friend of course and someone who she shared something special with. right? And she couldn't help it it was good if he went away maybe just maybe it would save his life. Or at least buy him time to get his army before her father paid him any attention. She just watched as he went about his duties as she sat in the grass stringing flowers together.

Deamiel Cavioux [4:26 PM]
He had said what she expected him to say not what he thought. Truth be told, he didn't know why he took her. He only knew he didn't wish to see her dead and that he couldn't just leave her. Yes, she was sharing but did that mean he needed to share---especially when he was still regarding her as the enemy? Besides, her people had did everything within his power to forget about his past. They told him time and time again that whom he was didn't matter. His childhood didn't matter. His wife didn't matter. His newborn child didn't matter. He spoke of them openly when he first came, but now he only spoke of them to those whom he found worthy of hearing them. He refused to allow his memories be another thing the empire take from him. If she wished---truly wished---to hear those stories for the sake of a real friendship than she needed to show that she is willing to wait for them---that gaining his trust mattered to her and that she would not decide forsake him because he did not give it to her within five seconds.

Cerenda Devore [1:25 PM]
It was why she shared first. She had talked about her father she didn't just do that with anyone. If he didn't know why he took her that was going to make it really strange when he needed to figure out what to do with her. She frowned looking back. "Adorjan! Can i go look for berries? I am hungry." She said glancing back really not sure what they ate around here but if she wandered into the woods a bit she was bound to find some.

Deamiel Cavioux [1:43 PM]
It might be true that she shared first or that she might not share with just anyone, but that changed nothing on his end. Just because she was open to sharing didn't mean he had to be. "As long as you stay within the confines of the camp, but if you are hungry we do have food." They ate what they could find or hunt. Berries. Rabbit stew. They had deer the previous week and he thought a boar had just been hunted.

Cerenda Devore [1:46 PM]
She just blinked at him for a few moments, "Umm...I don't think anyone wants to eat with the likes of me." She told him softly.

Deamiel Cavioux [1:54 PM]
"You'll be surprised. There are those here whom don't care whom you had been before coming here, and if you want someone to eat with you than I will be more happy to oblige. One should never eat alone." He told her.

Cerenda Devore [1:57 PM]
"Are you hungry?" She said watching him debating if he actually was or not she really wasn't accustomed to just going to random strangers and asking for food.

Deamiel Cavioux [2:00 PM]
"I could eat something." Food within the camp was more of a communal property. There were many pots around camp where delicious meals from various lands could be found large enough to feed many people. All someone had to do was wander into those areas and someone would shove a bowl or plate into their hands, demanding they eat.

Cerenda Devore [2:15 PM]
"Oh. Okay then. I don't want to put you out or anything like that." She said standing as she brushed the dirt of her clothes as if that was somehow effective staring at her dirty hands for a moment.

Deamiel Cavioux [2:18 PM]
"You won't be putting anyone out." He motion for her to follow him.

Cerenda Devore [2:22 PM]
"Alright." She said following quietly after him taking in everything as she moved. Her mind processing what she was seeing and putting it away in case she might need to make use of it at another time like to not gey lost moving around.

Deamiel Cavioux [2:26 PM]
He lead the way, moving slowly so she could take in the sights. The camp had a look of a small city--granted a poor one. Children played  between the various tents, people talked and a few training ground could be seen. The scent of various food filled the air and mothers could be heard calling their children to come to eat.

Cerenda Devore [2:30 PM]
She continued to move following after him watching people as she moved aware of the array of looks she got as she passed. She looked at him keeping close seeing he was pretty much one of the few people she knew.

Deamiel Cavioux [2:33 PM]
Eventually he lead her to one of the many pots and as soon as they stepped into the area a bowl of stemming hot stew was shoved into their hands. "Eat" the female whom handed them the bowl told them before returning to her pot.

Cerenda Devore [2:39 PM]
She took the bowl that was offered. "Thank you." She said looking for somewhere to sit before sitting and eating her stew watching people around them.

Deamiel Cavioux [2:40 PM]
He sat down next to Cassia and begun to eat his stew.

Cerenda Devore [2:58 PM]
She looked over at him as she looked back at her stew. "Fancy meeting you here." She told him with a giggle "You should grow your hair out. i bet you would look awesome. I mean. Nevermind." It might be time for sleep she was feeling kind of silly.

Deamiel Cavioux [3:09 PM]
"It is" He smiled at her giggling. "I had my hair long before I taken here. It was common for the warriors of my people to grow their hair long. It was a sign of our status."

Cerenda Devore [3:29 PM]
"Oh? I see. Sorry. I didn't mean to remind you of your home. It was just a random thought. I think we cut it short to keep it cooler for the fighters and avoid like the spread of bugs and such. Some veterans earn the right wear it longer or so I've seen. In some ludas anyways."

Deamiel Cavioux [3:43 PM]
"You didn't remind me of my home anymore than I am always reminded of it. There is not a moment that goes by that my thoughts are not within my homeland. The dominus of my ludas told me that he liked to cut the hair short as a way to distance one from their old lives--as a way to dehumanize his gladiator. Many of his warriors came from lands where having long hair was a sense of pride."

Cerenda Devore [3:54 PM]
"It might be in his case. Every master has his own reasons. I just remember being told that such things spread among those that were unwashed and that heat escapes through the head. Funny that so many nobles want to wear itchy wigs huh?" She said wrinkling her nose as she took some water that was offered.

Deamiel Cavioux [3:59 PM]
"Or he merely told me that as a means to break me. I imagine that if a wig attracted bugs and the likes that it might be far easier to get rid of the wig and get a new one than hair." He personally didn't get why someone would want to wear a wig, but that didn't mean he didn't understand the reasons why someone might be motivated to do so.

Cerenda Devore [3:42 PM]
"I suppose we will never know." She said softly looking down at the ground for a moment. Her eyes drooping just a bit as she opened them back up. She didn't know either but it was suppose to be fashionable.

Deamiel Cavioux [3:54 PM]
"No, we won't" It really didn't matter. It wasn't like knowing would have changed anything.

Cerenda Devore [3:56 PM]
She nodded letting out a yawn as her head just kind of fell against his arm mostly just because he happened to be the closest object to her.

Deamiel Cavioux [4:03 PM]
He looked at her as she fell against him, but otherwise didn't move.

Cerenda Devore [4:07 PM]
She glanced up at him for a moment before her eyes closed and she drifted to sleep.

Deamiel Cavioux [4:08 PM]
It appeared that it was nap time he thought with amusement.

Cerenda Devore [4:09 PM]
(Pillow!)

Deamiel Cavioux [4:22 PM]
(Yep)

Cerenda Devore [4:32 PM]
(Whee)

Deamiel Cavioux [4:32 PM]
(WHee)

Cerenda Devore [6:42 PM]
(*wiggles*)

Deamiel Cavioux [6:50 PM]
(-Wiggles with-)

Cerenda Devore [6:52 PM]
(I cute)

Deamiel Cavioux [6:55 PM]
(You is)

Cerenda Devore [7:02 PM]
(Yay)4

Deamiel Cavioux [7:02 PM]
(Yipppie)

Deamiel Cavioux [7:16 PM]
(-Rolls all over Cerenda-)

Cerenda Devore [7:20 PM]
(ack)

Deamiel Cavioux [7:29 PM]
(Hi)

Cerenda Devore [7:33 PM]
(You loves me
(renda wants her daddy)

Deamiel Cavioux [7:36 PM]
(Does she?)
(Which daddy?)

Cerenda Devore [7:38 PM]
(She snorted and said the one I've been looking for)

Deamiel Cavioux [7:39 PM]
(-Grins-)

Message Input


Message #asmiara

No comments:

Post a Comment